A Typical Layout
A typical layout consists of:
1. Tap connector to 16mm or 20mm LDPE pipe
2. A length of 16mm or 20mm LDPE pipe - supplied in 25mt, 50mt or 100mt lengths
3. To assist in the routing of the LDPE pipe, various fittings known as Barbed Fittings are available. ie. Tees , for taking a branch off, Elbows, for turning corners, Stop Ends for the end of the line valves, to name but a few.
4. The Small Bore Pipe (4mm) comes in 50 or 100mt lengths, you should allow 500mm for each outlet, although shorter or longer lengths can be used. Also available is a range of fittings to assist in the used of this pipe. ie. Tees, Crosses, Elbows etc, all of which can be found in the 4mm fittings section.
5. The most versatile outlet for the Hanging Baskets and plant pots is the Octamitter. This outlets flow can be individually adjusted to suit the different requirements of each basket or pot. ie. Small pots - very low flow, larger pots - higher flow - and all coming off the same LDPE Pipe. There are several variants of the outlet, of which the most common is the stake version, but the outlets are also available as a Barb fitting, which can fit into a LDPE pipe, or a Threaded Connector which fits into a tube known as a riser.
6. Micro Sprays of various designs are available for irrigating the vegetable patch or flower bed. These sprays are normally fitted onto a small tube known as the riser tube these are then attached to a stake for inserting into the ground around the various beds etc. The riser tube comes in 2 lengths but can either be cut down to reduce its length or by using a threaded fitting can be joined together to increase its length. In order to join the riser to the 4mm pipe, a small fitting is needed, and this can be found in the 4mm Fittings Section.
7. Various outlets all screw into the riser tube, a few examples are below
Micro Sprays - these on average cover a 1.5mt radius, dispensing either 90lph, in Black (litres per hour), or 55lph, in Green and are available as follows:
i. 360º Spread
ii. 180º Spread, or
iii. 90º Spread
Strip Sprays - these consist of 2 outlets, each with a 180º spread, placed apart, ideal coverage for a narrow bed.
Mister Sprays - these give a 1mt radius, dispensing a fine mist
Rotor Sprays - these cover a 360º full circle spread, and by using various outlets on average will give between a 2 & 3mt radius spread
Vari-Rotor Sprays - as Rotor Sprays but are fully adjustable.